Job Title: UI/UX Designer (Contract Position)
Supervisor: UI/UX Designer
The UI/UX Designer will work directly with the lead UI/UX Designer to understand project background, new requirements, and to provide low and high fidelity UX deliverables including documenting research, user task analysis, flow diagrams, whiteboard sketches, mock-ups and interactive cross-device prototypes using Axure RP.
The UI/UX Designer works closely with other departments to see the vision through to reality for any product or client.
All employees shall demonstrate the ability to:
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding company records, personnel compensation and performance, and all other reports and communication
- Consistently come to work on time, follows instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance
- Appropriately record all time worked on a daily basis
- Demonstrate proficiency and appropriate use of software tools applicable to performing job duties
- Work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines
- Monitor the time allocated for assigned projects, notifying supervisors and/or project managers of any anticipated overages or delays
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor their own work to ensure quality
- Support company-wide initiatives
- Positively advocate and support the company culture
- Use cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
- Foster inter-department/disciplinary teamwork and cooperation
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation and communication skills
- Be a problem solver
- Lead by example
Role allocation percentages are measured across the course of one year. Upon hire, you may find more time needs to be dedicated to one priority over another until based on need. (i.e. are we developing foundation vs in maintenance mode)
Strategy & Concept:40%
Strategy & Concept (40%)
- Research and understand legacy products, competitive products, current users.
- The UI/UX Designer must examine and push back on poorly written product requirements. However, the UI/UX Designer is expected to collaborate with the product manager to refine and enhance requirements and their definitions for the engineering team.
- Must be able to review and understand analytics for all relevant clients/projects/products and apply learnings to informed creative solutions.
- Always be aware of new and upcoming trends through regular trade and competitive reviews.
- Be collaborative with other teams.
- Be solutions-oriented. Provide options for resolving a potential UX issue when available.
- Must have keen eye for details and consistency within a design system.
- Pitch in on deliverables when team is at capacity and no outsource is available.
UI Design (50%)
- Promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Create UI/UX design wireframes using Axure.
- Present and defend designs to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Document research findings on Confluence.
- Document general UX processes on Confluence to assist decision makers and to provide other team members and stakeholders insight.
- Publish deliverables on Confluence and attach to JIRA tickets.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in product development, web development, technology, and usability
- * Experience working with highly technical projects including mobile, apps and SAAS
- Mandatory knowledge with React framework
- Mandatory knowledge with Materialize CSS and Material Design frameworks
- Ability to work within an Agile development environment
- Ability to inspire others through collaboration and experience
- Proven track record of leading projects from concept to completion, applying best practices with the ability to prioritize and creatively problem-solve
- Demonstrate relentlessly high standards, fostering passion, integrity and energy
- Ability to analyze and apply data for metrics-driven results
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with a high degree of collaboration and influence
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Please apply at www.mediaplatform.com to complete your online application